Krypton Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krypton Knights

Knight Fight related forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walden and Civil Disobedience

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitsuko
Page
Page
Mitsuko

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Walden and Civil Disobedience Empty
PostSubject: Walden and Civil Disobedience   Walden and Civil Disobedience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Even though I'm new I'd thought I'd be the first to put something in this section since reading is one of my favorite things to do.

Anyway, I just finished reading Walden and Civil Disobedience by the philosopher Henry David Thoreau, as you have probably already guessed by the title of this post.

All together, I'd say the book was intriguing and the essay was poignant. It definitely wasn't the style or genre I usually like to read but despite that, it has become, for now, one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walden and Civil Disobedience   Walden and Civil Disobedience Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:21 pm

what were the good points to the book? Being it was a book from a Philosopher what was the book based on?
Back to top Go down
Mitsuko
Page
Page
Mitsuko

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Walden and Civil Disobedience   Walden and Civil Disobedience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:24 pm

For the most part, I just liked the way they were written and the stories told.

Walden is about Thoreau's experiences and observations during his two-year sojourn at Walden pond. Civil Disobedience was an essay Thoreau wrote about an individual's rights in relation to the government.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walden and Civil Disobedience   Walden and Civil Disobedience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walden and Civil Disobedience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Krypton Knights :: General :: The Library-
Jump to: